14.25 miles at Jeremy Ranch with Jon Kotter Esq.
1:46:51 for a 7:31 average.
1. Happy with another 70 mile week.
2. Happy with the consistency lately.
3. I've been paying attention to recovering right and that's been working well. Easy to do in the summer months when I have time to nap, go to the gym to swim/whirlpool/sauna during the day etc. I can almost live like a pro athlete for a couple months.
4. I was not thrilled with how I felt today but when I look back a few weeks, I see that I averaged 6 seconds/mile faster on the Jeremy Ranch Road than I did a few weeks ago.
5. I took the day off yesterday, but the 22 miles on the bike left me a little sore. Not the kind of soreness you notice when walking around, but you do notice 7 miles into a 14 mile run.
6. Need to do some workouts even if that means the mileage drops a little. More importantly, need to NOT WORRY about the mileage dropping a little.
7. Might have to address the persistent tightness in my upper right hamstring that sets in the longer I run and on hills and that I fear would really slow me down the last few miles of a marathon - should I ever decide to run another marathon.