Took the day off. Things I did...
1.Took Andy to Sugarhouse Park so he could play and ride his scooter.
2. Took Abby to Einstein Bagels to work on her math homework. Bought her a cookie when she finished.
3. Thought about running - but didn't.
4. Went to a movie alone. Saw Acts of Valor which I highly reccomend. I almost cried at the end. The movie definitely reminded me of the importance of not simply going through the motions in any area of life.
5. Had a candlelight dinner with the whole family.
6. Watched Abby and Andy do a lip sync Bon Jovi concert. Andy had a pretty cool Bon Joviish looking wig circa 1985. My kids are really into Bon Jovi. This is funny to me because back in the 80s I was heavily into the alterntive scene. But my kids don't much like The Replacements, R.E.M., or The Pixies. I was way too cool for any commercially successful band like Bon Jovi.
7. Enjoyed a fine IPA after dinner.
8. Ate a lot of Girl Scout cookies.
9. Thought about grading some essays - but the IPA destroyed my motivation. (That's two "thought abouts". It is the thought that counts right?
10. Put together (in my head) a lecture on the character and personality of Teddy Roosevelt - I always lecture without notes because using notes = Boring!